Fancy Food Show, Booth #504This will be Savor California's Tenth Anniversary at the Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco, January 11-13. We will again fill our 1,000-square-foot booth with extraordinary products from the Golden State.
Please visit the Savor California group in Booth #504, North Hall.
The companies in this "Savory News" will be showcasing everything from soup to nuts -- literally! Ones with an * are new to the Savor California booth at the Winter Show.
* GC Napa Valley Culinary. From a ranch that was planted to create a sustainable growing environment for wine grapes, olive trees, herbs, lavender, and a heritage-variety orchard. Lavender honey and wine-flavored sea salts, above.
* Cultured & Saucy condiments, above, are made by a natural fermentation process, retaining the beneficial bacteria. Each ingredient tastes more vibrant and more delicious. The flavors are based on the international backgrounds of the founders.
* Cowboy BBQ With deep roots in the ranch land around the Sutter Buttes in Central California, Cowboy BBQ sauces, relishes and dry rub seasonings, above, are an authentic expression of the best of cowboy cooking.
* Nibbi's Kitchen, above. An update of a traditional Southern favorite: Pimento Cheese Spreads directly descended from a treat enjoyed in Nibbi's childhood in North Carolina. Current flavors: Spicy, above, and Jalapeño.
* Engage Organics started their company with salt-free Parsley Patch and have since expanded their seasoning line with 9 blends, all organic, non-GMO, plant-based, healthy flavor-alternatives to salt and sugar. Three of them pictured above.
D'Vine Crush. New packaging for products made from the wine grape crush. Crush Bars, Crush Bites, and Crush Crumbles mirror the flavor notes of a particular varietal, for example, the cherry notes of Pinot Noir and the citrus notes of Chardonnay.
Cocoa Parlor makes premium organic dark chocolate bars from single origin Peruvian chocolate that is fairly traded, sustainably grown, and responsibly harvested. Its sister company, Tonic Scene, above, makes raw chocolate bars.
Cathy's Sassy Sauce has taken the inspiration for their simmer-grill sauces from cocktails. Football-fan-tested at 49er football tailgate parties, they include Tailgate Bloody Mary, Fiesta Margarita, and Aloha Mai Tai, above.
Jimtown Fresh, above. Fresh condiments for sandwiches, instant hors d’oeuvres, and perfect cheese partners. Featured in the Jimtown Store Cookbook, the spreads are simple to use as marinades, condiments for meat, poultry, and fish, in pasta dishes, on pizza, in vinaigrettes, and in salads.
Nona Lim, above. All products are gluten-free, dairy-free, and ready to heat and serve: soups (such as Thai Green Curry), All-Bean Chili, broths (such as Vietnamese Pho), and rice noodles (such as Pad Thai and Laksa).
Pollen Ranch. Fennel Pollen, Black Fennel Seeds, Dill Pollen, Citrus Fennel Sea Salt, Herbes de Provence. Also, Seasoning Blends, above, developed by world renowned Chef Bernard Guillas, that are based on Fennel Pollen.
* Genuine Grub: Spicy Pickled Cabbage, Spicy Pickled Radish, above, and Spicy Pickled Cukes are naturally fermented with no culture added, probiotic, gluten-free, and non-GMO. Made without seafood, they have a pleasantly mild aroma.
* Not Yer Momma's Granola>. Three moms have taken granola to the next level: Original, above, Blueberry Ginger, Apple Cinnamon, and Cardamom Apricot. In resealable bags.
* Kokomo Culinary. Winemaker Eric Miller takes the same approach to the Kokomo Culinary Verjus as he does to the Kokomo Wines he makes, with each displaying the characteristics of its vintage. Available in 750 ml bottles and 3-liter bag-in-a-box, above.
* Marlo's Bakeshop: Soft-Baked Biscotti. Original, above: dark chocolate, raisins, walnuts, and dark chocolate chips. Midnight: cocoa, dark chocolate chips, and espresso. Banana Bread: bananas, maple, walnuts, gluten- and dairy-free.
* Qancha by Nazqiz, above, is made from non-GMO corn grown in the Peruvian Andes, air-toasted, seasoned and packaged in the San Francisco Bay Area. Flavors: Original, lightly salted. Picante, Latin spice. Chimichurri, garlic-herb.
* NaGo Foods Miso Dressings: Classic Miso, Ginger Sesame Miso (Gold Sofi Winner), Wasabi Miso, Spicy Miso, Garlic Onion Miso, Japanese Plum Miso, Cracked Sesame Miso. No trans fats, artificial additives or preservatives.
Keep It Real Food. Diabetes-friendly, gluten-free, and paleo diet compatible. Made with no grain at all: No-Grain Granola, Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, Flourless Cocoa Nib Cookies, Seedy Crackers, above.
Taylor Brothers Farms is the world’s largest organic prune grower and processor and a leading producer and global distributor of premium quality organic and conventional prunes and prune products.
Maisie Jane's California Sunshine Products. Dry-roasted gourmet nuts and snacks, no preservatives. Products range from raw organic almonds to savory flavored almonds and sweet chocolate almonds.
* The Art of Caramel. Elegant flavors of caramel corn in elegant packaging, above. All natural, air-popped corn blanketed in light, crisp caramel, flavored with fresh, gourmet ingredients and premium liquors. Sophisticated tastes for discerning adult palates. Flavors: Vanilla Bean Cocoa Nib, Kentucky Bourbon Black Pepper, and Orange Cognac Kiss.
* Shanley Farms. On ranches in Morro Bay and Visalia, the Shanley family grows Citriburst Finger Limes, above left, Morro Bay Avocados, Sierra Sweet Kiwis, and Gator Eggs (individual serving avocados), above right. Citriburst Finger Limes are a micro-citrus with interior pulp that can best be described as citrus pearls, or citrus caviar.
* Toffee Talk is handmade from the finest butter, chocolate and nuts. The toffee center has the perfect consistency – not too hard, not too sticky – with just a hint of saltiness. Flavors: Almond, Pecan, Peanut, and Red Walnut. Available in tins, kraft boxes, cello bags, jars, and individual point of sale packets .
Robert Lambert has a well-earned reputation for super premium, handmade products: Marmalades, Jams, Chocolate Sauces, Syrups, Fruit Cakes, Salt-Preserved Citrus, Preserved and Pickled Fruits and Relishes, Membrillo. A sampling is show above.
Stella Cadente Olive Oil has become the premier source for oils produced from Mendocino County’s unmatched Tuscan-style olives. Its award-winning family of olive oils, above, includes: Extra Virgin, Meyer Lemon, Persian Lime, Blood Orange, Basil Crush and Rosemary Crush.
The Frosting Queens make all-natural, gluten-free, frostings, above, with 100% real butter, that are sold in pouches and ready-to-spread: Charmed Chocolate, Velvety Vanilla, Crowned Caramel, and Striking Strawberry. Baking mixes: Royal Shortbread Mix, Queenfetti Buttercream Frosting Mix, Prince's Poppin' Bubblegum Frosting Mix, and Queen of Tart Lemon Frosting Mix.
Zena's SASS, above. Afro/Asian-inspired, nut-based finishing sauces, above. Both original and “hott” versions are gluten-free and low on the glycemic index. Sassy Almond Sesame Sauce, HOTT Sassy Almond Sesame Sauce, Sassy Peanut Sesame Sauce, and HOTT Sassy Peanut Sesame Sauce.
Sonoma Brinery, above. Farm-fresh produce gets no heat processing or pasteurization, artificial flavors, additives or preservatives. Once processed, all the products remain refrigerated for fresh, healthy, crisp and crunchy pickles and sauerkraut: Manhattan Style Pickles, Bread and Butter Pickles, Spicy Bread and Butter Pickles, Wild West Dills, Raw Sauerkraut (Traditional, Chipotle, Dill-Garlic), Curtido.
Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oils, above, include Sofi Finalist Extra Virgin Cold-Press Syrah Grapeseed Oil, one of 12 organic varietal wine grape seed oils. The line of award-winning flavored oils is infused with all-natural, fresh herbs and spices.
Silk Road Soda's organic "Mediterranean Refreshers," above, are a delicate balance of sweet and savory, based on the founder's Persian grandmother's recipes. A unique component of each of the first three flavors is a subtle, bracing vinegar note, prized by mixologists. Flavors: Original Mint, Pomegranate Mint, and Cucumber Mint.
Copyright 2003-2018 by Savor California. All rights reserved.