1. Place the raw cashews in a bowl and cover with the 4 cups of water. Place them in the fridge and allow them to soak overnight before proceeding with the remaining steps.
2. Once the cashews have soaked and you are ready to proceed with the remaining steps, start by adding all of the ingredients for the grain-free crust to your food processor (or blender). Pulse until a fine, wet texture begins to form.
3. Once the grain-free bites have been pulsed into a flour-like texture with the coconut oil and maple syrup evenly mixed in, remove it one tablespoon at a time and add it to your cupcake liners.
4. Press the grain-free crust firmly into each liner in the cupcake pan. Place in the refrigerator while you prep the “cheesecake” layer.
5. While the crust is setting, drain the cashews and place in food processor or blender equivalent. (*If you are using the same processor or blender, be sure to clean it between blending each layer.)
6. Open the can of coconut milk. Separate the coconut cream (thick portion usually present on the top) from the coconut water, and add all of the coconut cream to the blender. Blend the cashews and coconut cream until smooth, scraping the sides of the food processor or blender and mixing the base along the way.
7. Once the cashews and coconut cream seem to have blended, add in 6 tablespoons of the coconut water, cashew butter, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice. Blend everything together until it is silky smooth.
8. Remove the crust from the refrigerator. Start to add the "cheesecake" layer on top of each crust in the cupcake liners: 2 tablespoons per crust. Repeat this step until each crust has been covered.
9. Sprinkle with additional organic cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice if desired. Place the cupcake pan with the finished cake bites into the refrigerator. Let them refrigerate for about 12 hours (or overnight) before serving.
10. Remove the cheesecake bites from the refrigerator right before serving. Enjoy!